> Korean Fermented Foods > Stories of Korean Source
1. Boil dough of glutinous rice flour in
2. Place the dough in a container and loosen
it by pounding until bubbles appear.
3. If the dough is somewhat hard, add water
to soften it.
4. Pass one cup of malt syrup through a
sieve. Add warm water to make the malt syrup settle. Pass
this liquid again through a fine sieve to make malt syrup
liquid. Mix this liquid with the water in which glutinous
rice was boiled, and wait until it is melted.
5. When the liquid is melted completely,
boil it again and add the rice dough from the container.
6. When the dough is mixed completely,
add hot pepper powder. Keep boiling, stirring the mixture
7. Add fermented soybean powder and mix
8. Put the hot pepper paste in a pot, and
place it under the sun for a week. When the surface of the
paste has dried, sprinkle it with salt.